Now is the ideal time to savor a delectable strawberry dessert, as there are loads of fresh strawberries in season. Prepare to be tantalized by our irresistible strawberry shortcake recipe in a jar, setting your taste buds aflutter.
This delectable treat combines the classic flavors of shortcake, juicy strawberries, and luscious coconut cream. Get ready to savor every bite of this delicious dessert that can be easily enjoyed on-the-go. Let’s dive in and learn how to make this scrumptious strawberry shortcake recipe!
Health Benefits of Strawberries
Before we delve into how to make strawberry shortcake recipe in a jar, let’s highlight the health benefits of incorporating strawberries into your diet:
- Rich in Antioxidants: Strawberries are packed with antioxidants that help protect the body against damage from free radicals, promoting overall health and well-being.
- High in Vitamin C: These vibrant berries are an excellent source of vitamin C, which supports the immune system, promotes collagen production, and aids in iron absorption.
- Fiber-Rich: Strawberries are a good source of dietary fiber, which aids digestion, helps regulate blood sugar levels, and promotes a feeling of fullness.
- Nutrient Powerhouse: Strawberries contain essential nutrients such as folate, potassium, and manganese, contributing to optimal health and vitality.
Considering all the health benefits of strawberries, this recipe for strawberry shortcake is practically good for you…well, almost.
Benefits of Eating Mason Jar Desserts
Creating desserts in Mason jars offer various advantages, including:
- Portion Control: Mason jars provide built-in portion control, allowing you to enjoy a satisfying dessert without overindulging.
- Convenience and Portability: These individual jars make desserts easy to transport, so they are ideal for picnics, parties, or on-the-go indulgence.
- Presentation: Serving desserts in Mason jars adds a charming and visually appealing touch to your creations, making them perfect for special occasions or as gifts.
- Versatility: Mason jars are versatile and can be reused for various purposes, reducing waste and promoting sustainability.
More Cake in a Jar Recipe Ideas
Here on Mason Jar Breakfast we have a variety of delicious cake in a jar recipes. If you want to learn how to make cake in a jar, then check out these delicious desserts.
In addition to this classic strawberry shortcake recipe, you can explore other enticing options such as No Bake Banana Cheesecake in a Jar. It’s light yet filling making it the perfect summer treat.
Another no bake cake in a jar recipe is this No Bake Cherry Cheesecake in a Jar Recipe. This recipe reminds me of a Cherry Delight recipe my grandma made for Christmas every year which was my favorite!
If you want to enjoy the taste of cheesecake but without all the calories, try our Blueberry Cheesecake with Cinnamon Granola Yogurt Parfait. You can still enjoy the sweetness, but without the guilt.
If you like the idea of starting your day with cheesecake, then try our Strawberry Cheesecake Yogurt Parfait Mason Jar recipe. This simple yet delicious recipe only requires four ingredients so it can be whipped up in no time on busy weekday mornings.
More Mason Jar Recipes
If you want another breakfast idea that tastes like a dessert but is good for you then try our Simple Strawberry Banana Split Breakfast in a Jar recipe. This yummy recipe is kid approved too. If your kids think the Greek yogurt is too sour, just add a little agave syrup. They’ll love the sweetness and you’ll love that they are getting lots of healthy nutrients to start their day.
We couldn’t wrap up these Mason jar recipes without sharing one of our favorites. If you want a decadent dessert that is loaded with peanut butter and chocolatey goodness then you are going to be excited to Find Out How to Make Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes.
This recipe is perfect for making in a Mason jar because portion control is already built in, so if you are worried about overindulging, don’t be. Grab a spoon and enjoy!
Where to Serve Mason Jar Desserts
There are many occasions where Mason jar desserts are the perfect choice. These are a few ideas:
- Party Favors: Create personalized desserts in Mason jars as party favors for birthdays, weddings, or other celebrations.
- Dessert Stations: Set up a dessert station with a variety of Mason jar treats at gatherings or events to offer guests a unique and customizable dessert experience.
- Gift Ideas: Prepare Mason jar desserts as thoughtful gifts for friends, family, or neighbors. Customize the jars with ribbons or labels to add a personal touch.
- Individual Servings: Serve individual portions of desserts in Mason jars at family gatherings or dinners for a fun and convenient dessert option.
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Recipe in a Jar
Now, let’s get to the star of the show – the Strawberry Shortcake recipe in a jar topped with coconut cream.
Below are the ingredients and instructions to make this delectable dessert of a grain-free strawberry shortcake cake in a jar topped with coconut cream. If you like strawberry shortcake recipes, then you are in for a treat!
This easy strawberry shortcake in a jar features a delicious grain-free base, layered with fresh juicy strawberries and coconut cream, topped with dark chocolate and strawberry puree.
For the biscuits:
1 Large organic egg
¼ Cup sour cream
½ Tsp vanilla extract
½ Tsp stevia (optional)
⅛ Tsp salt
1 Cup blanched finely ground almond flour *
2 Tsp baking powder gluten-free
- Start by pre-heating your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, sour cream, vanilla, stevia, and salt.
- To the above mixture add the almond flour, then the baking powder.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, place 4 -6 mounds of the dough on the prepared baking sheet.
- Very lightly flatten the tops of the dough, avoid pressing them down too flat.
- Bake these shortcakes until golden brown, usually baking would take 15-18 minutes depending on thickness.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool.
- Once cooled, you can start layering your jars with your shortcake, fresh strawberries and coconut whipped cream.
- Optional: You can drizzle some strawberry sauce on top before serving. For added texture and flavor end this dessert off with a sprinkle of dark chocolate flakes.
NOTES: * Almond flour is needed for this recipe not almond meal. Almond meal is typically preferred as a bread crumb substitute or coating element, while almond flour is preferred for baking.
Each spoonful of this strawberry cheesecake recipe unveils a burst of fruity freshness, balanced with the delicate sweetness of the shortcake and the lightness of the whipped cream.
This Mason jar recipe not only showcases the vibrant layers of this dessert but also ensures a portable and mess-free experience which means it is great for taking on the go.
Whether enjoyed as a summer delight or a year-round indulgence, strawberry shortcake in a jar promises a delightful medley of flavors and textures that will leave you longing for more.
We hope you try this recipe and consider it one of the best strawberry shortcake recipes! Let us know what you think and please share your favorite strawberry recipes with us in the comments below.