Good Morning! We’re trying something new over here on the Mason jar blog…quinoa for breakfast! Now, if you’ve never had quinoa before, don’t be afraid of it! It’s just like any other grain, like oatmeal…it’s perfectly fine to eat it for breakfast! Usually you would cook quinoa using only water, but because we are eating it for breakfast and want a creamier taste, we cooked it up with half water and half milk/cream.
I should warn you, quinoa is not sweet..so if you have a sweet tooth, you’ll definitely want to add a little honey to the jar or just be sure to scoop up a spoonful of greek yogurt with your quinoa!
- ½ Quinoa
- ½ Water
- ¼ Milk
- ¼ Half & Half
- ½ tsp Vanilla
- Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Rinse & drain quinoa
- Bring milk, water, vanilla & half & half to a boil
- Add Quinoa and resume boil
- Lower heat to a simmer for 12-15 minutes
- Let sit for 5 minutes & fluff with fork
- Layer quinoa, yogurt, almonds and fruit into a jar